Portland SEO Seminar - Content MarketingAs a leading search engine optimization expert we are constantly having to outline and develop content marketing strategies for small and medium-sized businesses. Our clients consider us a Portland SEO Expert and content marketing falls into our trade. We are staunch on the benefits of content marketing. Creating valuable content for prospects has been tested time and time again and proven to take business to the next level. There are a few things that small and medium-sized businesses need to keep in mind. When developing content strategy blogging and curating posts on your website is no simple task. It is widely held belief that this kind of Internet marketing strategy is simple and easy. Take advice from a Portland SEO Company, it takes time.. And effort. We know from experience that not all small and medium-sized business owners have the endurance to last the long race of content marketing. Neovora works with full-time writers and content strategists. We are a Portland SEO Expert that has staff writers working on projects now! Sure it cost money to have these employees cranking out content around-the-clock, but there is return on investment.
Content Marketing Advice From A Portland SEOLet’s discuss some of the reasons why business owners a fail to succeed in their content marketing. But first, who are we and why should you read this? We are Portland SEO pros! This is our job and we test, and rank websites in all industries. We don't expect you to take our word for it, implement on your own! First we need to address the commonly held belief systems that exist about content marketing. The way it works is this: Entrepreneurs and business owners believe that they develop their business and gain prospects, leads, and clients through simply blogging and posting on their site. A local Portland SEO campaign usually goes like this:
- Create, outline, and develop killer content. Make awesome posts and spend lots of time to make it visually appealing. Lots of times, business owners will get caught up in the visual aesthetics of a post
- Use the Internet and social media to build links and spread your post. Then build links and spread the article around the web hoping that it ranks in the top of the SERPs. (This is usually where people seek an SEO company in Portland)
- People and prospects come across the post, consume the content, and purchase products or your services.
Take Our Advice: Portland SEO ConsultantThe reasons that businesses fail in content marketing are the following:
- Creating and sustaining a solid content marketing strategy is not easy. It takes time and effort, things that entrepreneurs may be unwilling to spend on writing blog posts. On the other hand, more perfectionist business owners might dedicate too much time to creating blog posts that are visually appealing or do not stay on-point. At a certain point the ROI for any blog post must be considered. In this case in investment will be your time and effort that might be better allocated elsewhere.
- Business owners fail to realize the underlining assumption of content marketing. Which is that confidence must be built over a long period of time. Often times after a month or two of blog writing, all efforts will cease because no leads have been generated. This is a big mistake because usually the leads and clients are just starting to become tuned in to your content
- Failing to take into consideration all important aspects of search engine optimization. This means on page components, meta-data. Your content likely will not to go viral, so you must take an dedicated steps to get your page on the top of the search engine results page.
- When business owners failed to correctly calculate the rate of conversion. Sometimes it's hard to believe that a prospect's conversion might take 10 or more visits. Over these ten visits the prospect is learning about your company, the services you offer, and building trust. Don't discount that.